Insurance for Esports
Summary of cover
This document serves as an overview of your insurance from GG Insurance Services and highlights key areas of cover. For full details contact us today.
Broadcasters & Media Liability
Cover bought by the team for Vicarious liability of the team for its members’ activities on social media.
For the team
- IP disputes (but not pursuit of a third party). We cover a third party bringing a claim against the team. This can also include IP disputes arising from merchandise.
- Dishonesty of employees, (limited to $100k). (There may be an option to purchase full Crime cover).
- Claims against teams for libel, breach of privacy or breach of copyright/trademark caused by them or their members.
For the individual team member
- Claims against the individual for libel, breach of privacy or breach of copyright/trademark arising from their personal appearances, appearances at events, appearance online including any social media site.
- If they are sponsored, a claim for breach of contract from the brand (but excluding a deliberate breach).
For broadcasting & streaming
- Full Media Liability, covering claims against them for breach of copyright/trademark, libel, breach of privacy or confidentiality.
Cover available up to USD 10m
The cover protects losses of cost and expenses due to the actions or statements of the celebrity having a negative impact on the brand they represent.
With increasing revenue being derived from E-sports globally, disgrace is a risk which brands and sponsors should be considering, both because of the impact it may have on the sponsors themselves (a reputational risk) and the potential cost to sever contracts or contract with new teams.
Directors & Officers
This is coverage payable directly to the directors and officers of a company, (or to the organisation itself), to cover legal defence costs as a result of action brought for alleged wrongful acts in their capacity as directors and officers.
Please contact us for more information.
Our Cyber breach Services team focuses on the coordination of the expert forensic, legal, notification and credit monitoring services that clients need to satisfy all legal requirements and maintain customer confidence.
They also indemnify your losses from lawsuits or regulatory actions, the risk of which may be reduced by a well-coordinated breach response but can never be completely eliminated. To date they have helped thousands of clients manage data breaches swiftly and successfully. We can't guarantee your cyber security: no one can. But our product will put you in control of your response.
We can cover your business assets, from computers to fitness equipment. On-site at training facilities as well as in transit to/from and at events.